Thursday, September 07, 2006

it's about time

I'm counting down the days until I leave to DC. 5 more days. It almost seems like an eternity til next Wednesday, at the same time it seems too soon. Before I Know it I'll be flying out from LAX and riding the metro along the east coast. I can't wait! I'm all about the new and unexpected, and it's about time I envelop a new surrounding. For some reason I'm more anxious than I am nervous. It's probably because everyone who I've talked to about DC says it's absolutely amazing. Ah, that just gets me more hyped! It's riveting to think of being independent in a happening city where so much takes place. And to think that I'm going to be part of that action while working with Greenpeace! I love new environments. I love being active. I love knowing that I'm going to be making my own dinner and setting my own curfew for the next four months. It's kind of weird to say but I'm excited to "grow up." Hopefully, I'll be loving that as well.

No comments: