Tuesday, September 26, 2006

i just can't get enough

I’ve only been in DC for a little over a week and yet it feels like I’ve lived here all my life. OK that might be a bit of a hyperbole but really, I feel like I belong. I don’t know what it is but I absolutely love it here. I think just being away from family and living on my own encourages me to get out of the house and explore the wonders of this great city. I don’t have any family obligations. I don’t have to be home at a certain time. I don’t have to worry about worrying my parents. I’m free! (Well, that is with the exception of the Greenpeace Organizing Term, my Political Science, Anthropology, English and Humanities online and independent study classes, hosting at Jaleo, serving at Cosi, and completing college transfer applications by the end of November. Of course, cooking, cleaning, and laundry are all added bonuses that fall in line with sightseeing, hanging out with friends and locals, and sleeping. Call me crazy but aside from losing a significant amount of sleep, I’m doing well!

1 comment:

Mermade said...

Sounds like so much fun!!!!